View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
chad3006
chad3006 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Considering a Bebook, any others?

I’ve decided to buy a new e-book reader and need some advice. I’ve read for years using my old palm pilot, however, the touch screen is dying, which leaves it virtually useless. My eyes are going south too, so a larger screen would help.
My entire e-library is stored on an SD memory card, so I’d like to be able to use the same SD card. Most of my e-books are saved in Palm doc format. I have used the Ereader for Palm as the reader software, but I’ll probably switch to Mobipocket.
I almost never read current books and I live way out in the boondocks, so internet connectivity is useless to me. I’m content to read classics and other junk I can download for free, however, I do read (and have) some current political books.
I’ve got some old format converters saved on various computers and I’ve learned how to fiddle with formats to make things work. In short, I think a dedicated format type would not work for me. I want to be as flexible in formats as possible.
For these reasons I’ve been considering the Bebook reader. I also considered the Bookeen, but have all but rejected it so far.
Are there any other readers I should consider, or should I reject my current candidates for any reason?
chad3006 is offline   Reply With Quote