View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #24
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Hi Morlac! Do not worry about the review! Get to it if you get to it. I'm just happy that you took time to share your thoughts with me here!

Re: Editing. For...two of the Sage stories, they went through a BRUTAL critique group (Baens). Those people leave no apostrophe unturned.

In general, I have "readers" for all my stuff. I don't put out anything that hasn't been read by at least three different people. None are professional copy editors, but my husband is very detailed, and he catches most typos. Other readers provide feedback on storyline and any typos that they see. Of course, when I go in to fix things, I can, and sometimes do, inadvertently add mistakes/typos!!! I read through a finished manuscript that I am ready to submit 3 to 5 times AFTER others have read it and given it the go-ahead. I am a speed-reader so final edits are painful for me. I continually catch myself speed reading and have to force myself to read each word to check things.
But it's just part of the job. I know the more I edit, the better the work will be in the end.

Maria
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote