View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 04:14 AM   #18603
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: The Forever Engine by Frank Chadwick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Normally I would have zero interest in a Steam-punk book, but Chadwick's first book was so good I have to give this one a try. Especially since I hadn't really expected much out of that first one and it turned into a 5/5 from me, too.
This turned out to be another 5/5 read for me. A very impressive first couple of novels. I look forward to what he writes next.

[EDIT: I find he has done other steam-punk stuff before. In fact, he was one of the early people in the genre, designing a game "Space: 1889" from 1983 onwards, published in 1988.]

Next up: The Incompleat Nifft by Michael Shea.

The oldest of my unreads, from November 2003. It's just possible I have read this before. If it becomes too familiar I'll abandon it and move on.

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-11-2014 at 12:28 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote