View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 02:32 AM   #9
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eythian View Post
It's harder than you'd think. You would end up with two computers (the kobo and the one you've plugged it into) accessing the same filesystem at the same time. There is no way (well, in general) that this would end well. Most likely it would lead to serious data corruption.
Note I never said it would be easy. I said it's very doable, and I stand by that.

I graduated as a Electrical/Computer Engineer last year, so I fully understand the challenges of memory coherence in todays parallel computing world. But come on, with the wide proliferation of multi-core processors, the techniques in this massive field have been refined quite a bit. I actually worked with with some high-performance distributing computing clusters (Sharcnet) while I was at university, which was very cool and interesting.

Sure there would be some hurdles to consider, but it would not be a relatively difficult thing to accomplish. (From an engineering perspective anyway, I'm not saying HTML Joe could slap the code together).
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote