View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 01:38 PM   #34
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
As this is now an energy thread and not an e-ink thread anymore, let me throw out another question... isn't there someone that claims they have a free energy source that will use magnetism to provide free energy, and unlike most kooks, is opening it up for peer review? Wish I could remember more, but does anyone remember that in the news in the last couple of months?
Sorry Bob! Someone pushed my pet peeve button. I can go on and on about it.

No energy is free. Even the safest, solar panels , creates chemical waste, has huge embodied energy waste,(energy required to produce) and shadows over bio matter. Magnetism is akin to induction and requires an electric field to generate it. We all know it's not free. The earth's magnetic field? Too weak, not stable enough and continually shifts. There is a bio of Nicola Tesla in which they talk of his last reseach in this domain. He wanted to have the whole planet energy connected via magnetic fields. He also believed he met aliens

Ok! Leaving that subject and coming back to reading, one of the things I appreciate most of eink is the low power requirements. I guess that is what started it all! Any application of any type that lowers power consumption compared to its predecessors gets my admiration. Sony's got it right this time.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote