View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 01:08 AM   #86
RajS
Enthusiast
RajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-950
>>> The third, Best Buy, still sells them in-store

Erm actually they only list the PRS 350 on the website and that is NOT available for ordering online but may be picked up from a store which still has them. Many stores don't.

The 950 has been removed from the website completely but there are still some in some stores available as clearance.

I've been to several stores which have removed their Sony Reader display completely.

The staff at these stores are all under the impression that Best Buy isn't intending to stock these going forward.

Every reasonable indication here is that BestBuy are intending to drop Sony Readers completely.

That said, if Sony come out with something compelling before BestBuy completely dismantle their Sony displays then I imagine they'll pull them back in, otherwise based on my experience I'm expecting Best Buy to stop carrying the Sony Readers.

Oh By the way, Target ONLY sells the PRS 350 online.

Cheers.

Last edited by RajS; 06-09-2011 at 01:13 AM.
RajS is offline   Reply With Quote