Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #201
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
I'm enjoying my Nexus 7 for reading and light games. I loved it in church because my iPhone was way too small.

The iPad 3's retina screen is superior, however. Therefore, it will continue to be my preferred device for videos. The larger form is also better for forums and other keyboard activity.

In short, I can't see only having one size tablet. I will consider replacing the Nexus 7 with a Mini if it comes with a retina screen. Unfortunately, many of my favorite apps on iOS are not implemented well on Android.
My sentiments exactly. The N7 screen quality diminishes (washes out) at some viewing angles. I can turn my iPad 3 to any angle and the screen never washes out.

For the most part, the Android versions of apps I'm familiar with from iOS have been disappointing. However, the Moon+ Reader blows away all my favorite reading apps on iOS. (I am an auto-scroll devotee, which limits the choices of reading apps on iOS.) And I really like the smaller size of the N7 for reading... so I'm torn, but the N7 will probably become my reading device, and the iPad my everything else, and my iPhone the always with me, goes everywhere device.

My laptop is gathering dust. I do still use my desktop a lot. Can't beat a 30 inch plus 20 inch dual monitor quad-core setup for getting real work done.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote