View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xor_ View Post
I'm on a rooted Paperwhite 5.3 with USB Networking installed.

I fiddled around with a script in /etc/upstart. At first I got the expected result, but after what seemed like a mere cosmetic change, the device did a few failed boot attempts, and now it's at the "Your Kindle Needs Repair" screen. /mnt/us/ comes up shortly, but quickly goes away, even if I mount it.

Holding the power button for 20+ seconds didn't have a noticeable effect.

Any ideas? (All the suggestions I found didn't seem to apply to PW/5.3.)
Check the line endings of any script that you used an editor on (even if only to view).
Script line endings must be "Unix" not "Windows".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote