Thread: eReader Survey
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 05:00 AM   #31
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
  1. I'd like a design which feels strong, particularly of the screen. Screens are too fragile in my opinion. I'd be content with a D-pad similar to the ones in consoles which allows not 4, but 8 directions: the 4 extra buttons could be used for different things instead of navigation. Here is an example of what I envision:

2. I'd like support for many formats in the line of Pocketbook products. I'm quite sure that is the way to follow, many formats and font sizes for your choice, aside of being able to manage the content by yourself. In a particular note it would be interesting if the device supports .cbz and/or .cbr, for I would like a device with which I can read comics quite intensely. A strong PDF support becomes critical at screen sizes like the one I'm suggesting.
  3. Specifications: Touch screen (it is a must for note taking and highlighting); 9 inches, for a proper PDF reading experience; a decent processor, 533 Mhz or more, and a bucket of RAM, a minimum of 128 MB, which doesn't leave you stuck. Please NO MP3 support: the money you spent in getting the licence and building an audio jack is better spent somewhere else. SD-HC or microSD-HC support is necessary as well.
  4. Colors: whatever, but please a red version
  5. Other: I love the open-source concept as a matter of conviction in its possibilities, so I envision every reader I buy to be open source. I can't program anything myself, but the fact that it's possible to do so is a plus for me.

I'm ready to bring about 400 euro to buy such a marvel. Another thing is that I can do it in a short term
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote