Thread: Classic Nook Bugs in version 1.1.1
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #18
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Okay. Odd development. I downloaded an FW multi-format PDB. It worked just fine. Open the book, move to some interior page, hit the power button. When I hit it again it's still there and on the same page.

So I tried it with one of my FW epubs. And again, it works flawlessly, whereas it normally doesn't unless I exit the book and just let it go to sleep.

So what's different? Well, for one, I'm at home, where I have both 3G and WiFi connectivity. Normally, I'm on the subway, where I have neither. Sometimes, I'm at the office. AT&T doesn't work very well in downtown NYC (though VZW kicks butt there) and I don't have WiFi set up.

So the behavior actually seems to be connectivity-dependent, rather than format dependent. My next step is to try it with the radios off.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote