View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #932
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelThunderwing View Post
@geekmaster i PM'd you my dumps (devid varfs partition3 and kernel) as the kindle stands now.(these were dumped using the k3backup script)

Edit: ok how would i go about editing my devid dump? viewing it in wxHexEditor (one i found for linux) there was Just jumbled nonsense
I compared your devid.img to one I did for a B006 and for a B008 K3. Your data is all random binary. Mine is mostly text, containing ASCII representation of hex characters. Comparing my K3 3G and K3 Wifi devid.img files shows where the unique values are. I need to compare them to known values from the idme command to identify which fields they are. I will do that when I have time to plug in a K3 and play with it a bit...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote