View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #424
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Which one is it? Form and function and inseparable, or they sacrificed function over form? You are contradicting yourself.
No contradiction, just the recognition that no design can have everything.

A car is designed to get you from point A to point B, not cook you breakfast and do your laundry. You wouldn't accuse BMW of sacrificing function over form because their latest model doesn't make sausage and eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
You seem to be assuming that the modernist design principle is the only valid one? Many would disagree.
Why would I assume that? In architecture, in particular, I detest modernism. I am just explaining why Apple makes the decisions, choices, and sacrifices they make.