View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
My experience in the industry as well as a consumer is it takes about 18mo to make a solid product, and that is with using lots of off the self products. It is going to take more than 6mo to produce quality Android tablets and not come to fruition in any less time just because PCWorld made such a bold prediction.

Point is I think next year is when you will be seeing a good amount of Tablets where a few choice ones might start as early as the Holidays.

I think only companies like Apple, Samsung, and HTC could get away with making such a tablet in shorter than 18mo because they have a very similar product to market in the first place.

Samsung's Galaxy Tablet comes to mind and is slated to be released as early as October.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote