View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #18
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Frankly, if I was Apple, I'd say, "OK, we won't have any special agreements or maintain existing deals with publishers, in fact ebooks are such a small part of our business that we'll drop 'em altogether and not have any 3rd party ebook apps either... just to ensure we aren't accused of unfair action again... anyone who wants to read can use third party (non-publisher/retailer) apps to read books they source elsewhere..." That should please retailers, make all the publishers really happy and keep the DoJ out of the way... all in all, a real benefit to consumers everywhere...
That would just cripple the iPad in my opinion. Believe it or not, a lot of people actually buy that device because they can use their Nook, Kindle, Kobo Apps on it. They do that they may as well say go buy a Google Tablet where you have a bit more freedom.

I don't see what the big deal is. You can buy easy enough through the website on the iPad. Charge a fee for the App being their, not 30% of the sales.

Apparently Amazon was doing something right, even Apple had to go to under handed tactics to get a foot in the ebook door.
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote