View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #42
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
I get confused about which thread I'm on, and somehow thought I was on the Jailbreak thread. Anyway I tried downloading the zip file that's attached to the Jailbreak thread and it has this "README" note:

So, it isn't the one for 5.3.5 even though the note at the top of that thread says that this Jailbreak works for 5.3.5. I installed the Jailbreak back on version 5.3.1 and I've updated it as recently April, 2013. But every time there's an update I dread it, because I have to go back and find the right files to re-install and do them in the right order. So, I guess this is the same version that I installed back in April?

I also can't find the latest version of the Collections manager, or the files that I need to get that to work. They seem to be scattered all over the place. I tried updating using the files I could find (which in most cases I already had) but now the Collections Manager is dead as a doornail. Plus, it never worked very well anyway. Very clunking and laborious to get the books moved to the right sub-collections, and then it all stops working as soon as there's a firmware update. Sorry, but this is all a complete distraction. I'd much rather just read books than diddle around with these hacks.
Then just read books instead of diddling around with these hacks.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote