View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #229
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by belvedere View Post
edit: Ummmm, this is weird. My Kindle's working fine. I got home late last night so my patience was very little. I couldn't get the device into safeboot doing the magic key thing so really didn't make it too far as I gave up at this point. I've plugged the device into my computer before and it didn't do anything but just now it booted up and everything seems fine.... I have the little document saying my device has been updated and what all the new features are. Thanks... I guess? lol.
Others have reported mysterious "self healing" of kindles. The current thoughts are that the kindles update themselves after some time sitting in screensaver mode, which can finish installing an update making it all good again, when it appeared that it was bricked.

EDIT: It has been christened the "updatewait method":
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2090057

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-24-2012 at 09:25 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote