View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 07:09 AM   #1
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Lest Darkness Fall

I just finish L.Sprague de Camp's Lest Darkness Fall. I really enjoyed it. Much more than 1632, Which I just finished as well (Courtesy of Baen free library). Not that 1632 isn't good, it is. Just that I think that De Camp nailed better the mindset of people at the time he was writing about (Rome's last days as an empire). I'm not an historian. But the way I see it - the people populating 1632 have very 20th century way of thinking.

I have two questions:
1. Considering it was released back in 1933 (I think) why isn't it in the public domain?

2. Can you recommend me some similar books???

Thanks a lot
Dave
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote