View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #11
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by morriss003 View Post
I use both techniques. I like having cliff hangers sometimes and sometimes I don't. I try to keep my chapters between 5,200 and 5,700 words, so sometimes I have to work to arrange the chapter ending. Sometimes that means using a cliff hanger, and sometimes it means using a logical ending point.
That's interesting. Why did you specifically choose 5200..5700 words per chapter?

I see my first book averages around 6800 words, but they vary quite a bit (one comes in under 3000). My second book average comes out over 10,000 words. I don't pick for length so much as just a "gut feel" that this was what I wanted together in one chapter.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote