View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
If I had to choose, I would choose the iPod Touch only because I find it serviceable enough as an ereader and I cannot live without its other features (it replaced, for me, three other devices!) But with that said, I do really enjoy my Sony and read more on it now than I do on the iPod Touch. I also like that the Sony looks more like a book so it is less conspicuous to read around co-workers who assume an ipod is just for music and games.

For me, I do play games and listen to music/watch video on the ipod, so I would want it regardless of the ebook aspect. There are days I travel lightly and carry only that, there are also days I bring the Sony too. There are times where the Sony is a much better choice for me (e.g. at the gym, I can't read a tiny screen while moving) and loading content is easier on the Sony as you don't need an internet connection.

So I guess it comes down, for me, not so much to whether the iPod Touch is a good reader or not but its other functions. If I had to choose, I would privilege those other functions, but it does not mean it would be my preference for reading.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote