View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #52
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Regarding "Librerator - last file": both "close doc" and "exit Librerator" quits the program.
I suppose, same incompatibility issues between Librerator and Kite.
Might be. I don't know that for sure, but my guess would be that it is. I don't use Kite, and am not particularly inclined to start now . Can anyone that does tell me if there are any issues with KPV and Kite? Librerator & Kite on K3? I'm interested to know, but not that much to loose a day fiddling with it myself.

Quote:
Remaining most important issues for me are:
- incompatibility between Librerator and Kite => impossible to solve?
I wouldn't say impossible, but it's very unlikely to be solved by me. I neither have the required knowledge, time to fiddle with it, and most importantly - willpower.

Quote:
- toggle on and off CREReader header should keep book position => difficult
I'd say "time consuming" is better choice of words in this case than "difficult". This is just my guessing, but if Cool Reader 3 position you back to the exact same place when you turn on header and then immediately turn it off, I'd say they use positons (1) for the current position in text. If you imagine the whole book rendered as a bitmap the width of the kindle screen, and height as long as necessary, the "position" would be the y coordinate in that bitmap that goes to the top left of the screen in scroll mode. In page mode, even if you issue a command to go to that possition, crengine will make sure it ends up on the screen - but in this case it doesn't have to be at the top. It will just be on the screen. That's why we have the initial drift when you turn on header. If you don't change this position, when you turn off header again, you will get to the same position/representation on screen that you had before you turned header on first.

However, for various reasons (correctly positioning links is one of them) I needed to recalculate that "position", so that position is alway what is at the top of the screen. Getting all this correctly is very fiddly - that's why I'm reluctant to do it. Especially since time needed highly overweighs the benefit gained. Although I personally prefer having all the screen for the text, too, having header always on isn't that bad for epub/fb2/mobi files as it would be for pdf/djvu. epub/fb2/mobi files will always be neatly reformated, so you don't really lose anything. Even if you turn header on/off, drift is always backwards - since you read over text that you already read, it takes much less time to find where you were than it would take if the drift was forward, or unpredictable. Furthermore, I don't think one would turn header on/off every two minutes. In my opinion, it would take me a couple of thousands of books to equal out time lost looking where I were and time needed to fix this.

Quote:
- key shortcut to toggle CREReader header => very easy, I did myself
Yes, this is easy. It takes a bit more work to make it configurable through defaults.lua, but that's not all that hard too. However, I don't want to make a high number of .01 versions. If it's not something serious (like left pg_fwd/pg_back not working - that would annoy the hell out of a lefthanded person) I'll leave it for official R2 release, which I'm thinking of releasing sometime in April or so (assuming there will be one - depends on how many people use Librerator. By that time, mainstream KPV will probably be available for all kindles - from K2 to KPW, and people might really prefer their way of doing things). You (and anyone else) are of course free to publish your own patches, hacks, forks or whatever.

Regards,
Kai771
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote