View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #74
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousa_mk View Post
Thanks for the quick reply
I am a Qt developer and I'm familiar with .ts and .qm files. So I've already edited one of the other .ts files you've provided (according to this post of yours) and created ts file for persian and started translating!
If that's not what we're supposed to do, so please create the files in these 3 locales yourself, and give them to me to start translating over again:
fa_IR
az_IR
az_AZ
I will send them to you as soon as I finish each of them.

My original question was that I wanted to test my translations, so I compressed my partial translation using lrelease command to onyx_fa_IR.qm and put it in the /usr/share/translations/ folder alongside other translations, but I was not able to load and use them!
Is this correct, or is there any way to test the translations in our own device before releasing them to you?
I see.. I did not know about your skills

Since the languages Persian and Azerbaijani is not added in the language settings, you need to use the existing language to test the translation. For example, change the correct locale name "fa_IR" to existing locale name (like "fr_FR") in the head of ts file:

<TS version="2.0" language="fr_FR">

then, rename the file "onyx_fa_IR.ts" to "onyx_fr_FR.ts". Run lrelease, then, replace .qm file in device. And finially, choose French language to test.

خدا نگهدار, خدا حافظ

Last edited by Booxtor; 08-03-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote