View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 05:06 AM   #15
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
Abovementioned directories contain the source for libraries required to write own applications... but not to modify/debug the behavior of these two.
Those libraries also used to write gui_shell, of course it doesn't help to modify/debug existing closed source applications but it gives a lot of information about how these applications organized and how they work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
E.g., I currently do not see a way to insert a menu item to create snapshots when arbitrary applications are running... or to add additional color options to the annotation menu. (remember that binaries on the M92 are statically compiled - and I fail to recognize a plugin interface, so far.
That is correct without source code you can't add a menu item. The only place I've seen plugin interface was dictionary. Theirs code design is not that flexible. For instance in order to add one more keyboard layout they modify SDK by adding [lang]_keyboard_data.[cpp|h]. As a result they have many files with similar code that differ only in character codes and you will need to rebuild SDK and all applications using it to add one more keyboard layout. I find that OpenBOOX approach to not depend too much on Onyx is quite reasonable.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote