View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #36
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Amazon is selling all these Kindles and yet no one I know owns one.
I do, I know several people with Kindles (2 just received them for Christmas), but the only owner of a non-Kindle reader that I know is my mother, who inherited my Astak when I got my Kindle a couple of months ago.

Regarding the inference that all (or at least most) Kindle owners are guilty of "lazy researching and sheep mentality", I'm sure that may be true of some, but contrary to what some people around here seem to believe, I think there are a lot more people out there who do their research and make an educated choice. Every Kindle owner that I know (4 including myself) did. Maybe I hang out with a more intelligent and/or cautious group of people than average (I don't think so, but maybe), but most of the people I know aren't going to drop over $100 on a gadget without doing a little research first to make sure they're getting the one that will work best for them.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote