View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #12
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I have a stock (un rooted) nook color. Web browsing is really solid. At home I have an excellent signal on wifi router. Pages load very fast, web pages are the PC pages are not mobile (big plus). Viewing in landscape is very nice. Flash support is supposedly on the way with the update. Comparing it to the iPad, well you have a 7 inch screen compared to a 10 inch, so take it for what it's worth.

now comparing the iPad to the nookcolor for strickly reading? IMHO, the nook color wins hands down. It's an entire OS User Interface designed for ereading and ereading enhancements. The contrast and screen is sharper, the 7 inch screen size really shines in the form factor and portability as opposed to the larger 10 inch screen. letters appear crisper. Organziation is among if not the best. If weight bothers you (it' doesn't me) but it appears to have affect on some. The iPad weighs as much as a 400 + hardcover the nook color about a 200 page hardcover.
The Shop App on the nook color is the best shopping on a device experience you'll have. I'm not just saying that, the iBookstore is good, but the Nook ShoP store App is the most polished and refined. It's a joy to use.

so when comparing the nook color to the iPad agagin IMHO the nook color wins hands down because it's operating system UI is totally geared towards the top to bottom reading functionality. It brings out options and features and quickness that eink devices just can't match or reproduce at this time.

hope this helps.

Good luck

Last edited by boswd; 12-20-2010 at 11:08 AM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote