View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 01:28 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Converting ePub to Kindle format for Amazon

Pardon me if I expose my ignorance yet again.

I do all my ebook design in ePub, and use calibre to convert ePub to mobi with the 'both' setting so that the resultant mobi file contains both mobi and azw3 versions. This seems to be quite acceptable to Amazon (or maybe they don't notice) since several ebooks I do for a small UK publisher have been accepted and sold by Amazon.

But the ebook I am designing now is over 6Mb as an ePub and there is more to be added. The 'mobi' file produced by calibre is over 8Mb. And the ebook has many complex parts which won't work on an old Kindle.

I could use calibre to convert from ePub to azw3, which produces a much smaller file. The azw3 ebook works on my upgraded Kindle Keyboard.

But will Amazon accept this format? If not, what's the best way of converting ePub to a format which Amazon will accept? I really don't want to have to learn how to produce complex mobi ebooks from scratch; I have enough trouble producing ePubs.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote