View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 04:12 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
Thanks, but the token fee is too rich for me, just to wirelessly connect and transfer books, which I can do with splashtop and airdroid.
Calibre Companion does so much more than just allow you to use the features of calibre and transfer books to your device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
It's something that's only done once a week for books, where my solution lets me transfere anything.
I'm unsure what you mean by this statement. I have methods for transferring files to my device but those solutions don't manage the books on my device, including grouping, sorting and searching. Providing book jackets on the fly built from the metadata for those that like to read the synopsis before selecting a book. Calibre Companion lets you transfer any ebook in calibre to your device and it coordinates your books on your device. I won't list everything this app does, read this post for details.

For me it is worth quite a bit more then the token fee they charge for the app.

Update: You can choose to scan for books or not to scan for books. If you choose to scan for books it will only scan in the directories you have designated as being used for Calibre Companion to send books to. No scanning of every directory for any manuals, text files, books, pamphlets etc.. that might be on your device. This creates a much quicker connection to calibre.

Good Reading!

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-29-2012 at 05:01 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote