View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #97
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
Pretty irritated to see pre-orders are shipping from the states (to canada). I assume we will be getting hit with duty. Would have been better off buying in store...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Well, my story about a man named; Jed.... I met my bud over lunch. He had the audacity(!) to bring his new toy with him. He knew my view on the matter of no rear-facing camera, etc...and then he lit up the bait. On went the '7', his fingers dancing over all the gems of Jelly Bean 4.1.1. as powered by that nVidia quad core. My eyes watered, my jaw dropped, and I excused myself early for to bomb over way past the speed limit....for the last one in the store and area, as found out by my twenty frantic-idiotic phone calls.

I hope that nobody that knows me, saw the 'happy dance' out to my car. Oh please....let nobody have seen me surrender all dignity over mere tech....lawd.

Came home, found that the Nexus had 90 percent in the juice-box...and the rest is history. First thing I did was to see if the stand-alone KOBO app was any good. It sure was! I entered my account, and it was only minutes before all189 books were placed upon the Nex. What performance you get....what performance!

Extremely satisfied. Yeah, I relented on no camera and memory expandability...but you sometimes have to give up a battle, to victor in the war. Like others, I'll just use my digital camera when anticipating a shot or two. As for the memory...I really have sort of stopped at the 1.3 GB load up. I have LOTS of memory left from my 16 GB model. Any books I buy from Google Play, I can have (with a setting on the Nexus 7) stay in the Cloud until I call it down. Or...you can have it downloaded and stay on your tablet. Your choice, and that is a very nice Google moment. You can also do that with movies, either the cloud, or a download. So, if you are not going to be near any Wi-Fi...you will not be stranded (airplane's...) for on-board content.

Another observation, because the display is HD (720p), the text looks very small on normal size font. Actually, to get the text to the native size of the Vox, you have to put it on VERY LARGE font sizing. That shows you how densely packed the pixels are. Gorgeous colors and clarity for all upon the screen, I might add. For my eyes, I did crank up the size of the fonts to what the Vox had. You should see how rock solid and clear the fonts are at ANY size upon this screen.....

When you get yours, have fun. I can't imagine how you would not.... (large silly smile...)

R.P.

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 07-18-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote