View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdGein View Post
I am a new Calibre user and am having some trouble editing metadata and getting it to save to the device, Here is what I am doing:
1. I connect the device and its library opens in Calibre. The green checkmarks show.
2. I correct the metadata.
3. I disconnect the device and look for the changes on the device, and they do not show.
These steps are updating the metadata in the calibre library. Calibre does not update the actual ebook at this time.
Quote:
Do I need to resend the books to the device for the new metadata to take hold?
Yes. Calibre updates the metadata into the ebook as it writes it to the device. But, depending on the device, this might not be enough. If don't know about your devices, but the Kobo Touch reads the metadata the first time it sees an ebook. If I resend an ebook to it with modified metadata, the Kobo Touch doesn't reread this. I have to delete the ebook before connecting it and then do a send so that the Kobo Touch sees it as a new book.

If you want to update the copy of the ebook in the library, you have to do a conversion, or use the Modify ePub plugin. Then you need to send the book to the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote