View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #26
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
...Not a good idea, I think.

1. They implemented a good emulator (uses only gtk+, without libwine!!!);
2. You can easily create the build environment on you 64bit Slackware, using ia32-libs package from ubuntu and making the chroot environment. It was successfully installed on arch linux 64 by ava1ar (from russian forum);
3. Or even - without chroot! Just copy ia32-libs to /usr/lib32 directory; use LD_lIBRARY_PATH and -L/usr/lib32 to run compiler and LD_LIBRARY_PATH - to run "emu" application.
I noticed that libwine was no longer needed, and am pleasantly surprized by that. I'm hoping that I will be able to use it sometime in the future.

As I wrote above, I have linking problems with i386-libinkview on my 32-bit Slackware system. So, I have to assume that the ia32-libs use quite different header files from what is on my current Slackware 64-bit system (which has the same source packages as the 32-bit one). I'm not sure how I would install the header files for ia32-libs without interfering with my 64-bit system if I don't use a chroot system. And running a chroot system is more work than I want to take on.

I've got the 64-bit cross-compiler environment working for arm_gnueabi already, so I think I'll stick to that for now. No emu for me.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote