View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #4
meromana
Zealot
meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: my laptop
But I don't think that was the question. Marketability is a whole different ball game than readability. I think what he was asking was: what percent are just unreadable garbage? I, too, have sampled dozens of books at Smashwords, and I find myself getting frustrated, because so many of them are so-o-o bad, even within the first few pages, or first few paragraphs! Long before you get into the story, the writing is childishly poor--grammar, POV, style--some are just incomprehensible.

It's Coker's mission to allow anyone to publish anything, and I don't disagree with his idea--free country and all. I just wish there was a better way to sort out the good, the mediocre, and the flat-out awful.

--Maria
meromana is offline   Reply With Quote