View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 12:03 PM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunnylinguist View Post
Thanks for the response, Josieb1. Besides the obvious difference in that Square Trade's 3-year is less expensive than Amazon's 2-year I'm most curious about the differences in scope of coverage between them.

Might I ask whose warranties you've purchased for your e-readers in the past, and why?
In the UK we don't have an Amazon Warrenty beyond the statutory 12 months so I can't comment on that. I've always bought the Square Trade warrenties sold on Amazon except for the PW2 when Canopy was the only seller.

I just accept that my Kindle is a small computer and therefore can go wrong, the small price of the warranty is peace of mind money, and I have had cause to claim on them, especially for the KK where I experienced frame cracks after a year, and for the PW1 when my colour blotches got worse at around the 18 month stage.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote