View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #22682
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
How is working for you Dad not an offical job?

Not trying to be a wise ass but kind of confused. Different systems and all that.

In the US, you might work in the family business but you still get a pay check. Well, if things are being done legally, you are getting a pay check. You pay taxes and all that fun. The fact that it is a family business is irrelevant.
I don't get a pay check, you could say I work for room, board and pocket money.

Today I heard the exact reason why we don't have insurance. The building is owned by my grandmother, who's got dementia. My uncle takes care of the her money things. A couple of years ago he switched to another mortgager because it was cheaper. However, the original mortgage came packaged with insurance on the house and the new one didn't, he either didn't know (but should have) or he forgot to get another insurance.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote