View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #23
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Is there ever? I didn't touch that code. I suppose that there should be.
I realize I'm dumping anything I see on you. I'm seeing stuff for the first time, since I didn't have an ereader. Yeah, I suppose there ought to be a delete confirmation, although it's less critical on the device if the books came from the main library .... but perhaps they didn't.

Quote:
I have committed changes that might help. I think that the problem might come from the mix of linux and windows paths, using different separators.
FYI, here's the output of the paths on a failed delete (see my print statements in your code). Separators look Windows OK to me. Note how it hits the path prints, but not the print 'Path exists.' statement inside the path existence test.

Code:
Job: 7 Delete books from device finished
No details available.
Job: 8 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
i:  0
path:  \Adair, Cherry\T-FLAC  2\Kiss and Tell - Cherry Adair.txt
i:  1
path:  \Adams, Douglas\The Private Life of Genghis Khan - Douglas Adams.lit
i:  2
path:  \Adams, Richard\Watership Down - Richard Adams.pdf
i:  3
path:  \Adams, Robert\Castaways  4\Of Chiefs and Champions - Robert Adams.lit
Job: 9 Delete books from device finished
No details available.
Job: 9 Delete books from device finished
No details available.
Job: 10 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
Quote:
I have changed things to normalize the paths to the correct separator before asking for file manipulations.

In addition, there is a print statement at the end of loading the cache telling whether the cache is considered correct. It should be, unless you manually delete things.
I'll grab the code again and see how it goes.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote