View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Post PRS500 and ePub -- a tidbit of news from Sony

With Sony's recent announcement that they are going to go all ePub in their store, those of us (like me) who still use our beloved PRS500s may be feeling a bit left out.

Sony has said that they're working on an "update solution" for our venerable 500s, but no details thus far have been forthcoming.

I've got kind of a detail for you ... maybe half a detail. No, I still have no word on whether they've figured out a firmware fix or are planing a trade in, but I do have news about timing. Word is that they plan to have the "update solution" ready by the end of the year, when they switch the store over to all ePub.

There is a channel available to get notified when the mysterious "update solution" is ready: send an e-mail to feedback@ebookstore.sony.com with “500” in the subject line -- that is supposed to add you to a list to be notified.

I've already sent my own request.

Who's with me?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote