View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 09:26 AM   #167
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneS View Post
Using version 8.
I'm experiencing the same circumstances as Askyn. To access the web, I first have to access the "online bookshelf". Following that, I must press Menu > Update_Now (pressing "Bookstore" creates an infinite search state). If if just go to the menu bar without first accessing my bookshelf, the reader goes into an infinite search for connection regardless of whether I press "Bookstore" or "Update Now." Apparently, the "Update Now" button only works if the reader is already connected to the server.
Hmm, I'll debug this when I get home. I don't test with my 1150 much, just the 1200 and it works fine for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Here's a replacement (index.html) for those that want some meat & potatoes with their surfing....
That's the point of the minimalistic approach: you can't please everyone so rather than pleasing someone you leave everyone equally dissatisfied and eager to roll out their own
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote