View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #13
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You're still thinking in terms of trying to bend Amazon to your will, help create what you need and want. Think outside the box beyond Amazon. Act as if they don't exist.
That makes no sense to me. I can't act as if they don't exist, they do, and in a big way. If we don't shout or make our voices heard, digital lockdown, culture trapped by corporations will remain the norm. As to what I do to combat this, I'm part of a few organisations that actively campaign against DRM, I'll be offering my writing in DRM, ePub standard and I buy DRM-free or don't buy at all.

Campaigining for standards adoption shouldn't really be a bone of contention. It benefits everyone.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote