View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

I did nothing special:
Alter Tag Browser set to Sort by Popularity, Match Any

(NB My collapse threshold tweak is set to 30)
I now see 2 groups (of 30) of 1-1 popularity

I see the problem, I get all the authors whose name is attached to a Single book. There may be more than 1 Author (with a high count, too) on that book
I think we are talking about different things,

When I sort by popularity and expand the authors list and click on a group of authors I get all books displayed.
I see (sorry don't have screenshot)
>(little face) 1 - 100 [108]
When I click on [108] it displays all books by all authors.

When I sort by name and expand the authors list and click on a group of authors I get all books by authors last name first letter displayed.
I see
>(little face) A[198]
When I click on [198] it displays only books by authors whose last name begins with A.

I am clicking on the sublist itself not on the > to expand it.

I can expand the list and click (or CTL click)on each author but this is a very slow process as after about 8 clicks calibre does not respond for 30+seconds (using I5 second generation laptop).

I know that calibre knows the number of books per author as it displays the list in the tag browser, but I do not knoww the proper way to type this in the searchbar.

Thanks for the reply. Any other ideas?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote