View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #38
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
- No, it isn't even remotely as flexible and capable as a laptop. I cannot understand how people can claim this for the iPad.
Actually, what you mean is, you cannot understand how people can claim this for the iPad for how you use a laptop.

My wife used her laptop for email, browsing, eBay, and Facebook. Now she uses her iPhone and iPad for all of those things. For her, the iOS devices are exactly as flexible and capable as a laptop, plus even more portable and with better battery life.

I cannot understand how people can claim there is only one way to use their devices-their way.

(And FWIW, I still use my laptop for a few things-like manage my iTunes library, sync my iPad and iPhone, etc. But I haven't traveled with my laptop since getting an iPad.)

Last edited by kjk; 08-07-2011 at 09:16 PM.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote