View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #12
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I need the HTML to debug this.
I think what had happened is that the doc file I original got had smart quotes, commas, dashes all over the place. I ended up going back to the original HTML postings of the story and merging it together. in my own Word program and I didn't have any problems from that.

I can try and attach the original file she sent to me if you think that would help?

All I did with that is convert to html and load it to Calibre.

though I'm now wondering if it's a unicode issue? Because when i've run across HTML pages that have blocks when I open I open it in Word, all I have to do is reopen the file in Notepad save as UTF-8 and then when I re-open the file in Word all the blocks are gone.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote