View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #10
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
But again, it's kind of stupid because they allow browsing, so for instance I install DD-WRT on my router with USB HDD attached, and set up some scripts to do the necessary processing of news feeds to pack everything into a .mobi, and then throw it in my wwwroot. I can then just fire up the browser and download the document over 3g for free. Just takes a minute of my time and a little know how on my part (and some simple networking hardware, which most people have but might not know how to set up).

So I suppose this will keep working until Amazon disables the web-browser or downloading of content to the kindle?

So again I ask, why not just allow emailing of documents to the kindle (or at least allow a free limit of 1-2mb/day, which 90% of users probably would never even think to use anyhow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla7 View Post
There you go, I work in a Telco environment, where every minute of usage means $$$. Just transfer everything using Wi-Fi.
I don't have wifi?

Last edited by curstpriest; 10-11-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: quote
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote