View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 06:05 AM   #8
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
The department I work for has recently implemented a new client data base system, the boffins at head office did not want there to be any print functionality on the system in order to be environmentally friendly. It was quickly pointed out to them, that our client files MUST be able to be printed out as they are frequently subpoenaed for court purposes. They then agreed for a print function but they totally crippled it and it take around 10 minutes to print a case note (although admin can do a bulk file print easily).

If there were an A4 size reader then it would make this concept of a paperless office so much more attainable. We might even be able to persuade courts and lawyers that it was a preferable way to present files which are heavy and bulky and hard to navigate through. I for one would love to have an A4 device that I could read PDF documents on.

Karen
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote