View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 04:50 AM   #4
odedta
Addict
odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.

Device: iPad
Don't do that, I have been banging my head at the wall many times trying to solve this issue.
It's a problem with iBooks and there is absolutely no way to solve it, some pages will disappear depending on font-size and others won't.

Q: Why shouldn't you use page-break- rules?
A: Because the eBook is NOT only made for iPad but for other readers, if you use Calibre for example then you will see this easily, there won't be a page break and that's exactly what you want there to be.

Solution:
1. Keep every chapter in separate file.
2. Validate your file according to the EpubCheck 3.0.1 for EPUB 3
3. If you get a blank page try to play with the margins/padding and line breaks in the page before so on most font sizes the blank page will disappear. It's best to make it work for medium->bigger font sizes following the notion that people who can read smaller letters are usually younger, hence, care less about these things.

I have an iPad 3, if you want, send me the file and i'll try to fix it for you.

Last edited by odedta; 05-31-2014 at 04:53 AM.
odedta is offline   Reply With Quote