View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 10:24 AM   #90
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Hi All,

Will all the great effort on PDFRead, I'm trying to migrate from PDFLRF to using PDFRead as my default tool.

However as much as I try, I cannot get PDFRead to even look as nice as PDFLRF. I've heard some folks had some success in configuring the tool to look better than PDFLRF. However I've not had such luck.

I've attached two examples of what I'm trying to do. What configuration do I need to make PDFRead look as good or better than the PDFLRF output

My device is a SONY PRS505

the VIPg3.lrf is PDFRLF
the vipg3-pdfread-v.lrf PDFREAD
I don't have a hardware reader so I don't know what you perceive as "better", but with the lrfviewer I do note that the PDFLRF appears more bold/full, but a bit quished.

The PDFRead version probably had edge enhance on or too high and the dilation effect is not as pronounced. Try decreasing the DPI setting to 200, 150 to see if it gets "better".

Also, for text only documents, try working with fewer colors (Colors = 4 or 8) as more grayscale colors may allow more "lighter" shades to be used at the edges (anti-aliasing).
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote