View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #41
Glosnik
Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Hi everyone! I'm trying to do JB on KT 5.3.2. Previously I posted a long post, but in the meantime I found what I looked for in "Small debricking guide for “noobs”" thread. I think it will work, because I haven't checked it yet - having concerns about file versions.
As my Kindle is working on 5.3.2, the files attached to this post are for older version. In this guide, there is a statment that:
Quote:
N.B It should be totally clear that:
- main kernel version MUST MATCH main partition version
- diags kernel version MUST MATCH diags partition version
- main partition doesn’t necessary have the same version of diags partition
Can I use kt_5.0.0-kernel_diags.gz and kt_5.0.1-mmcblk0p2_diags+ssh.img.gz for my Kindle?

For people who are having problems with Mfgtool -> download KindleSelectBoot from this forum, it consists proper Mfgtool for Kindle.

Old post here:
Spoiler:

Hi everyone! I'm trying to do JB on KT 5.3.2. Unfortunately I got stuck on second point.
English is not my native language, but I understand it without translator. However I'm not familiar with technical terms, so could you help me?
That's my brothers' Kindle, he wants new functions and I like modding. But I'd like not to destroy it as well.

It would be great, if someone could give me (technical dummie) Step-by-step tutorial.
I downloaded these files:
Code:
-Mfgtools-Rel-1.6.2.042_BluetechnixExtended3.zip
-kt_5.0.0-kernel_diags.gz
-fastboot_win_public.zip
-kt_5.0.1-mmcblk0p2_diags+ssh.img.gz
-Kindle-Fastboot.inf (file generated in libusb, I think so)
-libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0.zip
-libusb-win32-devel-filter-1.2.6.0.exe
-pubdevkey01.pem.zip.
- Putty client
That's all I have.

Having read those threads:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171460
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2000997
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2002101
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2001621

I think I should do this:
  1. unzip, and upload pubdevkey01.pem to main dir
  2. now - I should put kindle into fastboot mode, but:
    when I use Mfgtools nothing happens (KT is not detected by this tool), so:
    a) install Kindle-Fastboot.inf somehow, or
    b) plug Kindle with Power button pressed, press Home button, release Power, release Home.
  3. Next step - can I use fastboot_win_public.zip for these points?
    Code:
    download, gunzip, and flash the diags kernel using fastboot flash diags_kernel kt_5.0.0-kernel_diags
    download, gunzip, and flash the SSH-enabled diags partition using fastboot flash diags kt_5.0.1-mmcblk0p2_diags+ssh.img
    boot into diags mode using fastboot setvar bootmode diags, followed by fastboot reboot
  4. Where do I choose it? On Kindle, or my Computer?
    Code:
    Once in diags mode, enable USB Networking by choosing the following entries in this order: N - U - Z - X
  5. Code:
    Configure the computer's USB network interface to use the static IP address 192.168.15.201
    SSH to the Kindle (its IP is 192.168.15.244) using username: root, password: mario
    I think I can manage it, I use Control Panel in Windows for USB network and Putty for SSH? What's the formula for SSH?
  6. Code:
    Finally, execute the following commands on the Kindle:
    Kindle has any terminal??

I have Windows 7 SP1 x64, and XP SP3 x32, but can download Ubuntu LiveCD if needed.
Thank you for reading

Last edited by Glosnik; 02-10-2013 at 03:43 AM.
Glosnik is offline   Reply With Quote