View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
What percentage of eBook readers already have an e-ink device? Could be the market is already close to getting saturated?
HansTWN, if the OP link's figures of 23.2 million for 2011 and 14.9 million for 2012 are close to accurate, and world-wide, I'd say the market is far from saturated, and just declining.

However, since Amazon refuses to give absolute sales numbers, I'm skeptical how this web site could know what it claims.

Color has triumphed over monochrome, in the marketplace, again and again. It did it in amateur -- and professional -- photography. It did it in television. It did it in computer monitors. It did it in PDA's. It did it in cell phones -- even the cheapest hand-held phones sold in developing countries now have a thoroughly unnecessary color screen. The 7 inch color tablet is just too similar looking to the 6 inch monochrome eReader for color to not triumph over monochrome again.

Unpopularity would be no reason for me to move from eInk to tablet. However, I do need a continuing infrastructure where I can read both library books and newspapers on my device. If it gets to where you can't get either the New York Times or the Washington Post on my eReader, I will have to give it up as I did the Palm PDA.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote