View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #39
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@silver18: I just looked through the guide again, and I have a few comments:

1. you don't mention flashing the diags kernel. While it *probably* isn't necessary, I think it's best to just include that step. We can't be 100% sure that all devices come with a factory-fresh 5.0.0 diags kernel. That would be somewhere between steps 6 and 8, I guess.

2. I suggest to make it totally clear that (diags kernel and partition), and (main kernel and partition) must have matching versions (but not necessarily vDiags==vMain) . This is especially important, as we now have 5.1.2 kernels and images for main, while still using the 5.0.x ones for diags.

3. Finally, many of the images (esp. the 5.1.2 ones) now have slightly different names than the ones you mention. Maybe it's simply worth a paragraph at the beginning of the guide, where you give examples for the 4 different files required, along with a short explanation what each file is.

Thanks!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote