View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by readee View Post
@meme, i've tested your new version. Here are the results:

1.) If I use the button "Import Kindle Collections..." ===> the problem is fixed

2.) If I use the button " Edit Kindle Colelctions manually..." ===> you see the error message:

UnicodeDecodeError:'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 1-2, invalid continuation byte

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.ui", line 162, in edit_kindle_collections
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_co llections", line 75, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_co llections", line 92, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_co llections", line 112, in init_sort_order
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_co llections", line 307, in get_sorted_paths
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 523, in get_sorted_paths
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_sor t", line 52, in sort_names
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_sor t", line 121, in sort_compare_kindle_names
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 1-2: invalid continu
Sounds like a different error, and a problem with utf8 encoding that I thought was dealt with.

You need to run in debug mode, and then look at the output to see what book is causing the error. Hopefully it is only one book.

Stop calibre, and from the command line change into your home directory then run "calibre-debug -g > out.txt" (without the quotes). Once calibre stops, look at the file probably near the end to see what books it was processing when it failed - it might show the book that caused the error or show the one just before it. Try removing this book from your Kindle temporarily and see if the plugin works. If it does, I'd be interested in the book you have to see what the specific issue is.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote