View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 01:59 AM   #10
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by William F View Post
really? I lose interest pretty quickly these days if I don't sense some sort of resolution on the horizon. Sure, I read all 84 volumes of "Nana" but I think that's what put me over the edge. Much as I love the characters at some point I want to read "The End" so I can move on, even in a manga.
In novels its just inexcusable. Can you imagine if Tolkien (or his great nephew or whoever) was still writing Lord of the Rings stories? Sure there are a lot of great stories to be told in Middle Earth but... Uggh, just uggh.
There comes a time to just let it go and move on to something new and stretch the old writing chops a little.

*cough Dune cough*

theres 6 main novels and 10+ prequels,sequels and "in between" novels.

when you're writing novels that take place in between the events of other novels it's time to let it the bleep go. no offense to brian herbert and his pub but they should just "weekend at bernie's" his dads corpse at this point, they cant possibly disrespect his memory any more.

based on the pee-poor reviews of her last dozen books, laurell k hamilton should have her computer taken away. authors need to let it go and realize when their series has jumped the shark.

i'd rather be left wanting more than force fed it until i puke.

Last edited by xg4bx; 08-11-2011 at 02:03 AM.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote