View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #30
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
Book selection for me hasn't been a big problem; anything I haven't been able to find on kobobooks, I'll usually find elsewhere, de-drm it and convert. Now that the touch supports Mobi as well, it's one less thing I need to worry about converting. Price wise, I believe it's really hard to beat Amazon there, however Kobo does do a pretty good job in having decent and regular discount codes. Again though, if you find a better price elsewhere, you may still be able to use the ebook on a Kobo, with the right tools if needed.
also i'm pretty sure a purchased mobi from amazon may not work but a mobi free of drm from the likes of smashwords though should work fine. don't quote me on that though i have not tried.

as for epubs they're available anywhere you pretty much want to buy ebooks other than amazon.

i buy from baen/kobobooks/smashwords
whatever i have looked for i have found so i see no problems.

kobobooks usually has anything new to ebook right away (bestsellers etc) older works you might not find as easily.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote