View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post

I expect that by the end of 2011, I'll be dumping the Kindle 3 to buy another eReader - brand still undetermined.

Thus, battery life is IRRELEVANT. Obsolescence causes all electronic gadgets to be dumped for GPS devices, PC's, cell phones and eReaders.

I want a reader to read on. If it can hold a lifetime of books, I'll probably keep it for a lifetime (mine or its). So it is very relevant to me.

I expect anything I fork over 100 dollars for to still be functional in 5 years (though I don't expect the battery to last that long of course).

But it sure sounds like the battery won't be a problem.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote